Submitted by: Beverly Horner (Ulysses, KS)
Image (c) Beverly Horner (Ulysses, KS)
“Make breakfast time fun with these Amish Friendship Bread Donuts! Don’t forget the milk.”
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 18 donuts
1 cup Gluten Free/Dairy (Casein) Free Amish Friendship Bread Starter
1 cup oil
1/2 cup milk or dairy substitute
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 teaspoon egg replacer
2 cups gluten free flour mix
1 box gluten free dairy free vanilla instant pudding
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- Grease donut pan.
- Dust the pan with cinnamon sugar.
- In large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed.
- Spoon batter evenly into donut pan and sprinkle with more cinnamon sugar on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle of donut comes out clean.
From Beverly Horner (Ulysses, KS): “If you don’t have more than one donut pan you will have to grease and dust with cinnamon sugar 3 times.”