“An incredibly rich and tasty cake that’s perfect for any buffet or celebration!”
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40-45 minutes
Yield: 2 cakes
1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
1 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
2 small boxes chocolate instant pudding
5 tablespoons International Cafe Toasted Hazelnut Cappuccino Mix
1/2 cup hazelnut or pecans, finely chopped
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
Nutella Buttercream Frosting
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed.
- Grease two round cake pans and dust with flour.
- Pour the batter evenly into cake pans.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- When cake is cool, carefully slice each cake into two layers with a very sharp knife.
- Frost each layer with Nutella Buttercream frosting. On top of each layer, before adding on the next cake layer, lightly sprinkle 2 teaspoons each of mini chocolate chips, chocolate syrup and nuts.
It is very important that you bake until toothpick comes out clean and let cool completely before slicing layers. This cake taste even better the second day.
L to R: (c) Friendship Bread Kitchen