Submitted by: Cynthia Skelton (Murfreesboro, TN)
Image (c) Cynthia Skelton and Jesse Skelton (Murfreesboro, TN)
“Serve these tasty sweet muffins at your next family dinner.”
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 24 mini muffins and 1 loaf
1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
1/3 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 small can crushed pineapple and juice
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups flour
2 small boxes cheesecake instant pudding
1 cup shredded coconut, plus extra for topping
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl add ingredients as listed.
- Grease 24 mini muffin cups and 1 loaf pan.
- Dust pans or tins with sugar and divide batter.
- Top loaves or muffins with shredded coconut.
- Bake the mini muffins for 25 minutes or loaf pans for 1 hour until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Let he muffins sit in pan at least 5 minutes before removing.
From Cynthia Skelton (Murfreesboro, TN): “These muffins were a hit for our Christmas get together and went great with ham biscuits. Everyone loved taking the extra muffins home.”