Amish Friendship Bread Sticky Buns
Friendship Bread Kitchen: Mariann Crowell + Friendship Bread Kitchen
Yields: 9-10 buns
Grab a glass a milk and enjoy this recipe for pull-apart Amish Friendship Bread sticky buns.
- 1 package yeast
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup Amish Friendship Bread starter
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2½ to 3 cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup whole milk, half and half, or heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- In a large bowl, mix starter and milk.
- Warm mixture in microwave.
- Add in yeast and ¼ cup sugar. Mix well and let rest 5 minutes.
- Add in melted butter, egg and salt. Mix well.
- Add in 1½ cups of flour and mix well. Keep mixing in flour until a soft dough is formed.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead dough until smooth and elastic. This takes about 7 minutes.
- Grease a clean bowl and add in kneaded dough.
- Cover with towel and let rise 1 hour.
- Punch down down.
- Roll out onto a floured surface into a 8" x 13" inch rectangle.
- Spread softened butter on top and sprinkle on ½ cup of sugar and cinnamon.
- Begin at narrow side and roll up dough. Seal the seam.
- Cut nine 10¾-inch thick slices.
- In a greased 9" x 9" pan, spread out ½ cup packed brown sugar.
- Pour half of the milk over the sugar in pan.
- Place each cinnamon roll in the pan.
- Sprinkle remaining brown sugar over the rolls and pour remaining milk over the top.
- Preheat over to 375° F (190° C).
- Let rise for 30 minutes in a warm place.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes in pan and then invert onto a serving platter.
>> Have you tried this recipe? Share your best pic with us or leave a comment below and let us know how it worked for you!