Submitted by: Linda Delescale
Image (c) Linda Delescale
“This is a wonderful, sweet and spicy Amish Friendship Bread variation.”
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hours
Yield: 2 loaves
1 cup of Amish Friendship Bread Starter
1 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon cardamom
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 large box instant vanilla pudding
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped dried apricots
1/4 cup apricot jam
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large bowl, add starter, oil, milk, eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, add flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, caradmon, baking soda, salt and instant pudding mix.
- Combine the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Add in the apricot jam and the dried apricots.
- Grease 2 loafs pans.
- Dust the greased pans with half of a mixture of 1/2 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon ginger and 1/4 teaspoon cardamom.
- Pour the batter evenly into loaf pans and sprinkle the remaining sugar mixture on top.
- Bake for one hour or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
L to R: (c) Linda Delescale