Submitted by: Friendship Bread Kitchen
It’s summer time! If you’re looking for a great way to put those fresh cherries to use, this is the recipe for you.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Yield: 2 loaves
1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
1 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
1-2 small boxes vanilla instant pudding
1 cup fresh cherries, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients as listed except for the cherries.
- Once everything is incorporated, fold in the cherries.
- Grease two large loaf pans.
- Dust the greased pans with 1/2 cup sugar.
- Pour the batter evenly into loaf or cake pans.
- Sprinkle the remaining sugar on the top. If you prefer to top your bread with a glaze or drizzle, skip this step.
- Bake for one hour or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
Replace the vanilla with 1 teaspoon almond extract to our basic vanilla glaze and drizzle on top.