Submitted by: Friendship Bread Kitchen
Image (c) Tonia Edens
“Chocolate and mint are made for one another! There’s nothing better than a creamy Andes mint after dinner.”
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Yield: 2 loaves
Recipe at a Glance
- omit cinnamon
- substitute mint extract for vanilla extract
- substitute chocolate or chocolate fudge pudding for vanilla
- add 1 cups chocolate chips
1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
1 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon mint extract
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
1-2 small boxes chocolate or chocolate fudge instant pudding
1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed.
- Grease two large loaf pans.
- Dust the greased pans with granulated sugar.
- Pour the batter evenly into loaf or cake pans.
- Bake for one hour or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
For an ever more authentic candy experience, increase milk to one cup, add 1/2 cup cocoa powder and substitute 1 cup chopped Andes candies for chocolate chips.
From Tonia Edens: I added 1 cup coconut flakes to batter. Drizzled with a cream cheese glaze with coconut flakes for a final touch!