One of our first Friendship Bread Kitchen recipes!
Dark Chocolate Amish Friendship Bread
Friendship Bread Kitchen: Friendship Bread Kitchen
Yields: 2 loaves
- 1 cup Amish Friendship Bread starter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1-2 small boxes chocolate fudge instant pudding
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup dark chocolate cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed.
- Grease two large loaf pans.
- Dust the greased pans with ½ cup sugar.
- Pour the batter evenly into loaf or cake pans and sprinkle to with the remaining sugar.
- Bake for one hour or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.