Submitted by: Beverly Ulysses
Image (c) Beverly Ulysses
“Sweet and spicy, this Amish Friendship Bread variation will be a sure hit at your next BBQ.”
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 9 mini Bundts or 18 cupcakes
1 cup Gluten Free/Dairy (Casein) Free Amish Friendship Bread Starter
1 cup oil
1/2 cup dairy free milk
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon grated orange peel
1/2 to 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
2 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 teaspoon egg replacer
2 cups gluten free flour mix
1/2-3/4 teaspoon or two bags orange-spice tea
1 small box butterscotch instant pudding
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed.
- Grease mini Bundt pans or line a muffin tin with liners.
- Dust pans with a cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Pour the batter evenly into pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle of donut comes out clean.
To prepare the tea, steep in boiling milk for 8-10 minutes. A good variety is Rooibos orange, cinnamon spice tea.