Submitted by: Beverly Ulysses
Image (c) Beverly Ulysses
“Sweet coconut and pineapple in this Amish Friendship Bread variation make this a yummy treat.”
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30-40 minutes
Yield: 12 cupcakes and 4 small loaves
1 cup Gluten Free/Dairy (Casein) Free Amish Friendship Bread Starter
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
2 cups gluten free flour
2 small boxes instant coconut cream pudding
1 1/2 cups coconut
1 15 ounce can crushed pineapple and juice
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed.
- Grease two large loaf pans.
- Dust the greased pans with 1/2 cup sugar.
- Pour the batter evenly into small loaf pans.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
Rice based gluten free flour mix is a good choice. The coconut can be toasted, regular unsweetened or a combination of both. To make cupcakes, add cupcake liners to the muffin tin, bake 20-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.