“This recipe takes your favorite childhood cookie and turns it into a grown-up dessert!”
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Yield: 2 loaves
1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
1 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons mint extract
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
2 small boxes instant chocolate pudding
1 cup mini chocolate chips
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 roll of Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookies, crushed
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed. Save 1/4 cup crushed cookies.
- Grease two large loaf pans.
- Dust the greased pans with a mixture of 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cocoa powder.
- Pour the batter evenly into loaf or cake pans and sprinkle the remaining sugar-cocoa mixture and crushed cookies on top of bread.
- Bake for one hour or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
This recipe will make 30 muffins. Bake for 18 minutes or unitl a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.