“Just the right amount of lemony-sweetness after dinner.”
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45-60 minutes
Yield: 1 cake
1 1/2 cups Amish Friendship Bread Starter
1 cup oil
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup half and half
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 small boxes cheesecake instant pudding
1-2 zest of lemon, to your taste
1 8-oz package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine starter, oil, eggs, half and half and vanilla.
- Add in and mix flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, baking powder, pudding and lemon zest.
- In a small bowl, mix together cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Fold into batter.
- Grease 13 x 9 x 2 cake pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour until the toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Cool and top with Lemon Glaze.