“I luv, luv, luv lemon. It was so-o good.”
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Yield: 1 Bundt cake
Recipe at a Glance
- omit cinnamon
- substitute lemon extract for vanilla extract
- substitute lemon pudding for vanilla
- add 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- add 1 cup cranberries
1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
1 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons lemon extract
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
1-2 small boxes instant lemon pudding
1 cup cranberries
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed.
- Grease one Bundt pan and dust with 1/2 cup sugar.
- Pour the batter evenly cake pan and sprinkle the remaining sugar mixture on the top.
- Bake for one hour or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
From Friendship Bread Kitchen: “Drizzle with a lemon glaze for an elegant treat.”
From May Naing: “Follow the recipe for Amish Friendship Bread and then use lemon pudding instead of vanilla, omit the cinnamon and add 1/2 cup of craisins.”