Submitted by: Jennifer Robinson (Springfield, OH)
Image (c): Jennifer Robinson (Springfield, OH)
“A family favorite!”
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Yield: 2 loaves
1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
1 cup oil
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 small boxes lemon instant pudding
1 can crushed pineapple with juice
juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed.
- Grease two large loaf pans.
- Pour the batter evenly into loaf or cake pans.
- Bake for one hour and ten minutes or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Let cool for at least ten minutes.
From Jennifer Robinson (Springfield, OH): “I used whole-wheat four in this recipe and skipped dusting the pans with sugar and cinnamon since it’s sweet enough without it.”