“Top this tasty biscotti with a maple glaze sprinkled with pecans. Perfect for tea time.”
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 30 pieces
1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
3 cups of flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
3/4 cup pecans, finely chopped
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon maple extract
Maple Pecan Glaze
- Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C).
- Cream the starter, sugar, and melted butter in a bowl. Mix in the egg and extracts.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients together, except for the pecans.
- Mix small amounts of the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet mixture until combined.
- Fold in the pecans.
- Split the dough in half to create two balls of dough.
- Roll each ball into a log about 10 inches long and flatten until it is about 3 inches wide.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until firm. Cool on baking sheet for 10-15 minutes.
- Slice logs crosswise into 1/2 inch-3/4 inch wide slices. Place slices cut side down on baking sheet.
- Return to oven for an additional 15-20 minutes until crisp and light brown. Cool and then top with Maple Pecan Glaze.