“Grab the Kahlua! This rich and moist cake goes great with a steamy cup of coffee!”
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Yield: 2 loaves
1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
1 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons coffee-flavored liqueur or cold brewed coffee
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
1-2 small boxes instant chocolate fudge pudding
1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed.
- Grease two large loaf pans.
- Dust the greased pans with sugar.
- Pour the batter evenly into loaf or cake pans.
- Bake for one hour or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
Try it with a dollop of whipped cream.
From Diane Siniscalchi (Ringwood, NJ): “I used only one box of the pudding and the moistness was just right. I used Kahlua instead of coffee. All of the flavors worked well together. I didn’t mix the cocoa with sugar to dust the pan. Therefore, it was a little messy handling the baked bread, but didn’t in any way affect the taste. I will most definitely be baking this again, and this time I will mix sugar with the cocoa.”
From L-R: (c) Diane Siniscalchi (Ringwood, NJ); (c) Diane Siniscalchi (Ringwood, NJ); (c) Diane Siniscalchi (Ringwood, NJ)