Submitted by Friendship Bread Kitchen
Image (c) Suzy | Kitchen Bouquet
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 24 pancakes
2 cups Amish Friendship Bread Starter
2 tablespoons oil
1/2 cup milk
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
- In a small mixing bowl, combine starter, oil, milk and egg.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a smaller bowl, combine oil, Amish Friendship Bread starter, milk, and egg.
- Create a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour the starter mixture in the center. Using a hand mixer, mix on medium until incorporated.
- Spoon batter onto a skillet or a greased griddle over medium heat. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface, then flip and cook until browned on the other side.
Add 1 cup fresh or thawed blueberries, strawberries, or bananas. Add before flipping pancakes over.
From K Brown: “Add cinnamon chips before flipping the pancakes. These turn out light and fluffy.”
From Shari:”For a whole-grain variety, use whole wheat flour, rolled oats, and wheat germ with added vanilla and cinnamon.”