“Kids and adults of all ages love these cake pops! Decorate them to suit any theme–baby or bridal showers, birthday or office parties–anything goes!”
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 1 hour
Yield: 40-50 cake pops
1 baked Amish Friendship Bread, any variety
1 package cream cheese, softened
1 package vanilla or chocolate almond bark or colored candy melts
Lollipop sticks, cut in half
1/3 cup crushed cookies (optional)
Decorative sprinkles, colored sugar, mini-chocolate chips or crushed nuts
- Completely cool (4 hours or overnight) any Amish Friendship Bread variation.
- Put cake in a large bowl and break it up with your hands into small pieces.
- Add in cream cheese and mix into cake until well incorporated.
- Cover baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Roll into bite-sized balls and place on baking sheet. Stick in lollipop sticks and put in freezer until firm, about 30-40 minutes.
- When cake balls are firm, melt chocolate in melting pot, double boiler or microwave bowl.
- Dip each ball into the chocolate until covered and gently tap off excess chocolate. Stick into Styrofoam to keep lollipops upright.
- Add decorative topping right after you dip into chocolate. Top with extra chocolate for decoration once all the pops are dry.
Variation #1: Upside Down Cake Pop. Once the ball dipped into chocolate, place on a baking sheet with the stick up in the air. Decorate “upside down.”
Variation #2: Cake Ball. The quickest method for bakers on the run! Don’t stick lollipop sticks into cake balls. Once firm, use two forks or a toothpick to dip cake ball into melted chocolate and another toothpick to push ball off onto aluminum foil. Use extra chocolate to cover the top where toothpick was inserted. Decorate.