“Create warm, yeasty pizza dough with your Amish Friendship Bread Starter for your next book club meeting.”
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Yield: 2 pizza crust
2 cups Amish Friendship Bread Starter
3 or 4 cups bread flour
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Add starter, salt and oregano into the bowl of a stand mixer with dough hooks attached.
- Turn on the mixer and slowly add in bread flour and olive oil. Keep adding until dough forms a ball around the hooks.
- Pull the dough off of the hooks and coat lightly with olive oil.
- Place in a warm place to rise until the next day.
- Preheat oven 425° F (218° C).
- When ready to use, the dough will be stiff. Use a roller to roll out the dough.
- Bake the dough for 10 minutes and then remove from oven to add pizza toppings.
- Add toppings and add back to the oven until the pizza is hot and the cheese is melted.
From Peg Burington: “When making the dough extra yeast can be added for even more of a rise. Use 1 teaspoon of yeast in 1/4 cup of warm water and add to the dough mixture.”
L to R: pizza with alfredo sauce, ground turkey, grape tomatoes (c) Friendship Bread Kitchen; pizza with alfredo sauce, ground turkey, grape tomatoes (c) Friendship Bread Kitchen; pizza (c) Friendship Bread Kitchen