Submitted by: Paula Hunt
“You don’t need to gather around the campfire to enjoy this s’mores variation using Amish Friendship Bread starter.”
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 3 dozen muffins
1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
1 small box instant white chocolate pudding
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup miniature marshmallows
4 large squares graham crackers, broken in bite size pieces
- Preheat oven to 350° F (177° C).
- In a large bowl, mix starter, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, flour, pudding mix, eggs, milk, oil, applesauce and vanilla.
- Stir in chocolate chips, marshmallows and graham crackers.
- Line muffin tin with cupcake wrappers.
- Fill each muffin cup halfway.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
From Kelly Mack: “I tried making them with big marshmallows, but the big ones exploded.”