Submitted by: Jacqui Rossetter
Image (c) Lisa Watson
“This combination of ingredients made me think of a sundae!”
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Yield: 2 loaves
1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
2 mashed bananas
1 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
1-2 small boxes butterscotch instant pudding
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed.
- Grease 2 large loaf pans.
- Dust the greased pans with granulated sugar.
- Pour the batter evenly into loaf pans.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
From Lisa Watson: “I used instant vanilla pudding, 1 cup crushed pineapple, 1/2 cup chopped pecans, 1 cup sliced strawberries and 1/2 cup halved maraschino cherries. This is a very dense bread that worked really well as mini loaves and muffins.”
L to R: (c) Lisa Watson