Submitted by: Friendship Bread Kitchen
Image (c) Friendship Bread Kitchen
“The simple addition of dried blueberries and mango really dresses up the classic loaf.”
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Yield: 2 loaves
At a Glance
- omit cinnamon
- add 1 cup dried blueberries
- add 1 cup dried mango, chopped
1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
1 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
1-2 small boxes vanilla instant pudding
1 cup dried blueberries
1 cup dried mango, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed.
- Grease two large loaf pans.
- Dust the greased pans with granulated sugar
- Pour the batter evenly into loaf or cake pans.
- Bake for one hour or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
We love this moist, flavorful variation–the blueberries and mango pair perfectly, and plump up nicely during baking. Let bread cool before slicing.
Approximate nutritional information, per slice (based on 10 slices per loaf): 320 calories, 13 g fat, 1.5 g saturated fat, 35 mg cholesterol, 300 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 32 g sugar, 3 g protein
Nutritional analyses by Joannie Dobbs, Ph.D., C.N.S.