Submitted by: Friendship Bread Kitchen
Image (c) Friendship Bread Kitchen
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Servings: 16 servings
Yield: 2 loaves
Recipe at a Glance
- omit cinnamon
- add 1 cup fresh blueberries
- add 1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
1 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
1-2 small boxes vanilla instant pudding
1 cup fresh blueberries, rinsed and drained
1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed.
- Grease two large loaf pans.
- Dust the greased pans with sugar.
- Pour the batter evenly into loaf or cake pans.
- Bake for one hour or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
If you’re not able to find fresh blueberries, you can substitute with frozen blueberries, defrosted and drained. For lemon lovers, use lemon pudding instead of vanilla for an extra sweet-sour tang.