Submitted by: Friendship Bread Kitchen
Image (c) Friendship Bread Kitchen
“Here’s to a second childhood! This wonderful variation is reminiscent of the candied apples we loved at Halloween and summertime fairs.”
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Yield: 2 loaves
At a Glance
- omit cinnamon
- substitute caramel pudding for vanilla
- add one cup dried apples, sliced
1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
1 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
1-2 boxes caramel instant pudding
1 cup dried apple slices
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed.
- Grease two large loaf pans.
- Dust the greased pans with granulated sugar.
- Pour the batter evenly into loaf or cake pans.
- Bake for one hour or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
This loaf is wonderful served warm right out of the oven or saved for a dessert and drizzled with the Caramel Glaze. Dried apple slices are readily available in most grocery stores in the dried fruit section.
L to R: Drizzled with warm caramel sauce (c) Friendship Bread Kitchen