Submitted by: Rachael Barna
Image (c) Rachael Barna
1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
1 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla (I always add a little extra splash)
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
1-2 small boxes instant cheesecake pudding
1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
1/2 can cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed.
- Grease 2 large loaf pans.
- Dust the greased pans with granulated sugar.
- Pour the batter evenly into loaf pans. Place a few cherries on top!
- Bake for 1 hour, or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
Make sure the cream cheese is soft enough to blend easily into the batter. This would also work well with a strawberry filling!