Submitted by: Elizabeth Smithson
“Coconut meets pineapple for a wonderful, moist and tasty bread.”
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Yield: 2 loaves
1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
1 cup oil
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/2 teaspoon rum extract
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
2 cups flour
1 small box instant vanilla pudding
1/2 cup coconut
1 can crushed pineapple
1 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed.
- Grease two large loaf pans.
- Dust the greased pans with a mixture of 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Pour the batter evenly into loaf or cake pans and sprinkle the remaining sugar-cinnamon mixture on the top.
- Bake for one hour or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
- When cool, dust with powdered sugar.