“This chocolate-dipped coconut walnut Amish Friendship Bread biscotti is simply delicious.”
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 24 pieces
1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup flaked coconut
1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C).
- In medium bowl, cream together starter, sugar and butter. Stir in vanilla extract and egg.
- In another bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt. Stir into creamed mixture. Fold in coconut and walnuts.
- Divide dough into 2 pieces. Roll each piece out into a log about 10 inches long. Place them on ungreased cookie sheet and flatten until they are about 3 inches wide.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until firm. Cool on baking sheet for 10-15 minutes.
- Slice logs crosswise into 1/2 inch wide slices. Place slices cut side down on baking sheet.
- Return to oven for additional 15 minutes, until crisp and light brown. Cool and store in airtight container.
This biscotti is delicious when dipped in melted bittersweet chocolate!
L toR: (c) Friendship Bread Kitchen; (c) Friendship Bread Kitchen