“The perfect tea time snack!”
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
2 cups Amish Friendship Bread Starter
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup dates
1/2 cup pecans
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a mixing bowl sift flour, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl mix starter with butter and stir into dry sifted ingredients.
- Form into a ball and then flatten to about an 1 1/2″ thick.
- Cut into 8 triangles.
- Place wedges 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
If the dough is too sticky, add more flour. Also tastes wonderful the next day, toasted with a little cream cheese spread on.