Submitted by: Friendship Bread Kitchen
Image (c) Friendship Bread Kitchen
“Are you craving Girl Scout Cookie Tagalongs? If so these sweet little chocolate and peanut butter muffins are for you!”
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hours
Yield: 2 loaves
1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
3/4 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sugar brown
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
1 small box instant chocolate pudding
1 teaspoon instant coffee
1 cup mini chocolate chips
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 small box instant vanilla pudding
1 bag peanut butter chips
1 box of Girl Scout Tagalongs
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed up to the flour.
- Pour half the mixed batter into another bowl.
- To one bowl, add chocolate pudding, coffee and chocolate chips.
- To the other bowl, add peanut butter and vanilla pudding.
- Grease two large loaf pans.
- Dust the greased pans with a mixture of 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cocoa powder.
- Pour the vanilla batter evenly into loaf pans.
- Evenly pour peanut butter chips on top of the batter.
- Pour chocolate batter evenly on top and sprinkle the remaining sugar-cocoa mixture and crushed Tagalongs.
- Bake for one hour or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
Want more cookie crunch? Stir in 1 cup of crushed Taglongs into the vanilla batter. This recipe makes 30 regular size muffins and bake for 22 minutes. Top muffins straight out of the oven with mini chocolate chips or peanut butter chips.
L to R: (c) Friendship Bread Kitchen; (c) Friendship Bread Kitchen