“A peanut butter lovers’ dream bread! Serve with a tall glass of cold milk.”
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Yield: 2 loaves
1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
1 cup milk
1/4 cup oil
1/2 cup POM juice
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup chocolate chips
1 small box vanilla instant pudding
1 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed.
- Grease two large loaf pans.
- Dust the greased pans with a mixture of 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Pour the batter evenly into loaf or cake pans and sprinkle the remaining sugar-cinnamon mixture on the top with a small handful of nuts and chocolate chips.
- Bake for one hour or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
The POM juice can be left out of this recipe.
From Tina Butler: “To make a Peanut Butter Cup version omit the cinnamon, use chocolate pudding instead of vanilla, add 4 tablespoons of creamy peanut butter and one bag Reeses peanut butter chips to the batter.”
L to R: (c) Tina Butler | Mommy’s Kitchen