Submitted by: Melanie Johnson
Adapted from: David Steiner | Javaloha
Image (c) Melanie Johnson
“This bread is “To Die For” … one of the best Amish Friendship Bread recipes I have ever tried!”
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Yield: 2 loaves
1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
1 cup oil
1/2 cup heavy cream or half and half
1 cup sugar
3 shots Southern Comfort
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
1 large boxes instant chocolate pudding
1/2 cup butterscotch chips
1 cup mini chocolate chips
Southern Comfort Glaze
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed.
- Grease two large loaf pans.
- Dust the greased pans with sugar.
- Pour the batter evenly into loaf or cake pans.
- Bake for one hour or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Once cool, drizzle Southern Comfort Glaze over bread.