Submitted by: Friendship Bread Kitchen
Image (c) Friendship Bread Kitchen
“The fair maiden of Amish Friendship Bread.”
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hours
Yield: 2 loaves
At a Glance
- omit cinnamon
- substitute cheesecake instant pudding for vanilla instant pudding
- add 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- add 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
1 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup oil
2 cups flour
1-2 small boxes cheesecake instant pudding
1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed.
- Grease two large loaf pans.
- Dust the greased pans with granulated sugar.
- Pour the batter evenly into loaf or cake pans.
- Bake for one hour or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
You can add a little visual interest to this loaf by sprinkling some chopped macadamia nuts on top of the loaves before baking. The nuts will brown nicely and look lovely!
From L to R: (c) Friendship Bread Kitchen