“Crushed pineapple makes this virtually identical to the traditional carrot cake.”
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Yield: 2 loaves
Recipe at a Glance
- increase cinnamon to 1 tablespoon
- add 3 medium carrots, shredded
- add 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- add 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- add 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
1 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
1-2 small boxes vanilla instant pudding
1 cup nuts, chopped
1 cup raisins
3 medium carrots, shredded
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed.
- Grease two large loaf pans.
- Dust the greased pans with cinnamon-sugar mixture of 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/2 cup sugar.
- Pour the batter evenly into loaf or cake pans and sprinkle the remaining sugar-cinnamon mixture on the top.
- Bake for one hour or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
Top with loads of fluffy cream cheese frosting and chopped walnuts and watch them disappear!