Potato Flake Amish Friendship Bread
Friendship Bread Kitchen: Friendship Bread Kitchen
Yields: 3 loaves
- 1 cup Potato Flake Amish Friendship Bread starter
- 6 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup oil
- Cooking spray or oil to coat pans
- Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl until incorporated.
- Place dough floured surface and knead for 10-12 minutes or until dough is smooth and holds its shape.
- Spray the inside of a mixing bowl and place dough inside. Cover with a damp dish towel and place in a draft-free area (a microwave or unheated oven is good for this). Let the dough rise until it has doubled in size, 3-4 hours in a warm area and up to 12 hours in a cool area.
- Punch down the dough. Knead on a floured surface.
- Spray 3 loaf pans with cooking spray. Divide dough into 3 equal parts and place into the pans. Allow the dough to rise again until it has doubled in size, about 3-6 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350° F (177° C).
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until bottom is slightly browned.
Rise time is not included in prep time as it varies, but plan on putting aside 2-3 days to make this bread.