Submitted by: Friendship Bread Kitchen
Image (c) Friendship Bread Kitchen
“Create memories of your summer garden any time of year with this fresh and fruity favorite.”
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Yield: 2 loaves
At a Glance
- omit cinnamon
- add 1 cup fresh rhubarb, diced
- add 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- add 1-2 tablespoons turbinado sugar for topping
1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
1 cup oil
1/4 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
1-2 small boxes vanilla instant pudding
1 cup fresh rhubarb, diced
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
1-2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed.
- Grease two large loaf pans.
- Dust the greased pans with granulated sugar.
- Pour the batter evenly into loaf or cake pans.
- Top with 1-2 tablespoons turbinado sugar.
- Bake for one hour or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
Fresh rhubarb can usually be found year-round in most grocery stores. If you don’t see it, just ask your local produce manager.
From Jolayne Witt (Hawarden, Iowa): “This tasted really good — next time I might serve some with some fresh whipped cream. I baked for 70 minutes.”