Submitted by: Friendship Bread Kitchen
Image (c) Friendship Bread Kitchen
“You’ll love this Rum Raisin Amish Friendship Bread, a perfect dessert or holiday treat that’s sure to please.”
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Servings: 16 servings
Yield: 2 loaves
Recipe at a Glance
- add 1 teaspoon rum extract
- add 1 cup raisins soaked in 1/2 cup rum (soak overnight for best flavor)
- line the greased pan with granulated sugar
- top with turbinado sugar
1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
1 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon rum extract
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
1-2 small boxes vanilla instant pudding
1 cup raisins in 1/2 cup rum (soak overnight for best flavor)
2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- Preheat over to 325° F (165° C).
- Grease 2 large loaf pans.
- Dust the greased pans with granulated sugar.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour the batter evenly into the pans.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar over each loaf.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until bread loosens evenly from the sides.
This is one of our favorite recipes! Soak the raisins in rum overnight and top the loaves with turbinado sugar before baking. The granulated and turbinado sugar crystals add a delightful crunch. This is wonderful served with a drizzle of vanilla hard sauce.