Submitted by: Jennifer “Honey” Wilson
“This is a very tasty, lighter version of the original Amish Friendship Bread.”
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Yield: 1 Bundt cake
1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup whole milk
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup oil
3/4 cup applesauce
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup Splenda (granulated)
1/2 cup dry milk powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 large box sugar-free instant vanilla pudding
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a bowl, mix all the wet ingredients until well blended.
- In another bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Spray Bundt pan with Pam oil spray and dust with mixture of 1/8 cup sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Spray top of batter with Pam.
- Bake for one hour or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
From Jennifer “Honey” Wilson: “Skim milk can be used in replace of the whole milk and water in the recipe. The calories were estimated in having 2,400 calories for this entire Bundt cake. The original Amish Friendship Bread is estimated at 6,000 calories. To break the calories down by the slice, each piece is approximately 150 calories for a 1/16 slice. The original is estimated at 375 calories per slice.”