Submitted by: Friendship Bread Kitchen
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Yield: 2 – 8 x 8 cakes
1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups flour
2 small boxes of cheesecake pudding
1 can of strawberry pie filling
1 cup blueberries
Easy Crumble Topping (optional)
- Preheat oven 350° F.
- Spray cooking spray on two 8 x 8 pans.
- Combine all ingredients except for the pie filling and blueberries.
- Pour into greased pans.
- Gently drizzle half of strawberry filling on each pan.
- Swirl into the cheesecake batter. Drop in blueberries.
- Bake for one hour or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
For a bigger strawberry flavor punch, try making a homemade strawberry sauce using real strawberries.
From Paula Altenbach: “This is amazing! I am sooo glad I added the blueberries and crumb. If I have applesauce on hand I will use it. Plenty moist with the added applesauce and half the usual oil. I wouldn’t hesitate to try other flavors of puddings in this recipe as the strawberries are the star flavor. Try another pie filling. Perhaps Cherry or Apple. But don’t forget the blueberries!”