Submitted by: Patti Hensley
Image (c) Patti Hensley
“Perfect combination of strawberries and vanilla.”
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Yield: 2 loaves
1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup strawberry puree (made from some of the strawberries listed below)
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
1 large box instant vanilla pudding
24 ounce tub of frozen sliced strawberries, thawed, drained
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed.
- Spray two regular-sized loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- Dust the pans with cinnamon sugar covering all sides of pan.
- Pour the batter evenly into the pans.
- Sprinkle a touch more cinnamon sugar on top of the batter.
- Bake 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
From Patti Hensley: “This recipe can also be made into mini-loaves or grab-n-go muffins. Pour approximately 1 cup batter in each mini-loaf pan and 1/3 cup batter in each muffin tin. Bake mini-loaves for approximately 55 minutes and muffins for 30 minutes.”