Submitted by: Christie Vanover | Zestuous
“Homemade buttery, sugary goodness in less than 15 minutes.”
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon water
- pinch kosher salt
- Place all ingredients in a saucepot.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat (about 5 minutes).
- Continue cooking for about 8 more minutes, until the mixture reaches 300° F degrees and begins to turn brown.
- Pour onto a Silpat-lined baking sheet and spread thin.
- Allow to cool. Place in a plastic bag and break the bits with a can or measuring cup.
From Christie Vanover at Zestuous: “Toffee bits are so easy to make from scratch, and they taste so much better than the store bought bag ‘o bits. Use them in cookies, in muffins or on ice cream.”