“My two teenage boys now have an endless supply of breakfast muffins.”
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 24 muffins
1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
2/3 cup oil
1/2 cup milk or almond milk
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 3/4 cups flour
1 cup corn meal
1 small box white chocolate instant pudding
1 1/2 cups dried blueberries
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine starter, milk, oil, eggs, vanilla, sugar, and pudding mix. Mix well.
- Add corn meal, flour, baking powder and baking soda and mix until fully incorporated.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Fill muffin papers or greased muffin cups to 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly brown on top.
From Sandy Leonard: “For a more savory muffin, (1) omit blueberries and substitute frozen corn, (2) reduce sugar to 1 cup, and (3) add 3/4 teaspoon salt.”
L to R: Sandy Leonard; Sandy Leonard