Submitted by: Cynthia Hale
“With buttermilk, white chocolate chips and raspberries, this cake is moist and full of sweetness!”
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Yield: 2 loaves
1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
1 cup oil
1/2 cup buttermilk
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
1 small box white chocolate instant pudding
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- Combine all ingredients except chips and raspberries in a large bowl.
- Stir in chips and raspberries.
- Grease 2 loaf pans.
- Dust the greased pans with sugar.
- Pour the batter evenly into loaf pans.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
Stir the raspberries into the batter just until you see some pink streaks and the berries break up a little bit. Whole milk buttermilk is preferred but low-fat will work just as well. In a pinch, add some lemon juice to regular sweet milk and let it thicken.
From Kimberly Kozicki: “Sooooo yummy! One of my favorites! I dried fresh raspberries in the oven before adding them to the batter…. and I used vanilla greek yogurt instead of the oil!”