Submitted by: Kelly Lucero
Image (c) Kelly Lucero
“A fantastic Halloween bread! My kids really enjoyed the fun color and yummy taste.”
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Yield: 2 loaves
1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
1/3 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
1 small box color changing pudding
1 small box pumpkin spice or vanilla instant pudding
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup small chocolate chips
1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed.
- Grease two large loaf pans.
- Dust the greased pans with half of the sugar-cinnamon mixture of 1/2 cup sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Pour the batter evenly into loaf or cake pans and sprinkle the remaining sugar-cinnamon mixture on the top.
- Bake for one hour or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
From L-R: (c) Kelly Lucero, (c) Kelly Lucero