Submitted by: Mary Snodgrass
Image (c) Mary Snodgrass
“A Weight Watchers variation for Amish Friendship Bread lovers.”
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 48 minutes
Yield: 5 mini loaves
1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
1/3 cup oil
1/2 cup skim milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup white flour
1 cup white wheat flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 small box vanilla pudding
1 cup raisins
1 cup walnuts
1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed.
- Grease two large loaf pans or 5 mini-loaf pans.
- Dust the greased pans with a very light mixture of sugar and cinnamon.
- Pour the batter evenly into pans and sprinkle with a very light mixture of sugar and cinnamon on the top.
- Bake for 48-60 minutes or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
From Christina Johnson: “I tried the Weight Watchers version I found on here and added blueberries I had frozen last summer. The best yet. Both loaves were gone in a week!!”
From L-R: Blueberry WW variation by Christina Johnson;