“I find helping others, whether through my consulting work, teaching someone how to stitch, make lace, or just lending a hand is an amazing feeling. I love watching someone I’ve worked with shine and succeed, it just makes my day.”
Meet March 2013 Kitchen Friend Alyson Krumwiede, a consultant from Severn, Maryland. Read on and enter our March giveaway inspired by Alyson’s love for her photos of family and friends.
How did you learn about Amish Friendship Bread?
I first learned of it when one of the girls I used to work with brought in this fabulous apple bread to the office. I had never had Amish Friendship Bread before though my Mom had done some similar things with a fruit cocktail thing when I was a kid. I loved the idea and asked my friend for some starter.
What is your favorite AFB variation?
Pumpkin with Chocolate Chip.
What is your idea of perfect happiness?
That’s easy. It started with meeting my new husband. We met in 2009 and were married in 2011. He has just brought so much happiness to my life and is just an amazing, thoughtful loving man. We share our lives with two dogs that he has fallen in love with. I am most content when we’re in the kitchen while I’m working up something special for our dinner while we catch up from the day.
What is your favorite kitchen utensil or appliance?
My rolling pins. I have both my grandmother’s and John’s mother’s along with two other antque ones hanging on my kitchen wall. I use Grandma’s pretty much weekly when I make pizza for dinner.
What is your most treasured possession?
What do you most value in your friends?
Loyalty and not being judgemental. I am lucky to have some fabulous and supportive friends. We’ve been there for each other through good and rough times. While we each make decisions or choose paths that the other doesn’t agree with, we don’t judge, we just support.
What is your motto?
- No one can make us unhappy, only we can choose unhappiness over happiness. I choose happy.
- Don’t assume you know why someone behaves as they do until you think about why they may be behaving as they are. Usually when seen from the other perspective, it makes sense.
- Don’t tell me I can’t–it’s just a challenge to me then.
- Always leave behind a legacy in everything you do.
Thanks for answering our questions and being a part of the Kitchen community, Alyson!
THE KITCHEN FRIEND GIVEAWAY!
This giveaway is now closed! The winner is Diane Siniscalchi from Ringwood, New Jersey. Thanks to everyone who entered!
Alyson values her photographs as many of us do. It’s the heart of my novel, The Avalon Ladies Scrapbooking Society, the second book in the Friendship Bread series. To help you keep your photos, mat stacks, and scrapbooking embellishments organized, I’m giving away this ArtBin 6925AB Super Semi-Satchel to one lucky winner (US residents only, 18 years and up).
ArtBins are a favorite storage system amongst scrapbookers and crafters. Made from translucent acid free polypropylene, there are 3 removable dividers for customization. It’s perfect for card stock, photographs, embellishments, stickers, embossing folders, pre cut fabrics, bulky, hard to store punches, cutting implements and more.
This month, there are seven ways you can enter. Please leave a comment for each one. If you leave a review under another name, please make sure to tell us what it is so we’re able to find and verify it along with the date you left the review. If you’ve already left a review at an earlier date, that counts, too — just tell us when!
- Be a part of this Month’s Bake and Take.
- Take our March FBK Challenge, bake a chocolate AFB recipe, and submit your photo.
- If you’ve had a chance to read The Avalon Ladies Scrapbooking Society, please leave an honest review at Amazon.
- If you’ve had a chance to read The Avalon Ladies Scrapbooking Society, please leave an honest review at Barnes & Noble.
- If you’ve had a chance to read The Avalon Ladies Scrapbooking Society, please leave an honest review at Goodreads.
- Take a picture of yourself reading or holding up a copy of The Avalon Ladies Scrapbooking Society on the book’s page at Amazon.
- Tell me what you would store in your ArtBin if you won.
This contest ends on Friday, March 15, 2013 at 11:59 pm PST. Good luck!