Wow, the Friendship Bread: A Novel Giveaway was so much fun I wanted to share everyone’s responses (and the winner) with you. The envelope, please.
(Drumroll as Darien then rolls out the red carpet in true Hollywood style)
The winner is #71, Hazel from Michigan. Hazel won a copy of Friendship Bread and a beautiful beechwood Oxo wooden spoon. Congratulations, Hazel!
We had 141 entries from 41 states plus the state capitol, New Zealand and Canada. The most entrants came from Kitchen Friends living in:
- Texas (you Texans definitely led the pack!)
- California (tied with Michigan for #2)
- New York (tied with Indiana for #5)
- Pennsylvania (tied with IN and NY for #5)
- Oklahoma (tied with IN, NY and PA for #5)
- Florida (tied with WA for #9)
- Oregon (tied with WA and FL for #9)
- Wisconsin (tied with WA, FL and OR for #9)
- Tennessee (tied with WA, FL, OR and WI for #9)
- Colorado (tied with WA, FL, OR, WI and TN for #9)
Over 55 celebrities were mentioned, the top favorites being:
- Sandra Bullock
- George Clooney
- Meryl Streep
- Reese Witherspoon (tied for #3 with Meryl)
- Tom Hanks (also tying Reese and Meryl for #3)
- John Travolta
- Robert Redford
- Harrison Ford (tied for #7 with Rob)
- Betty White (also tying Harrison and Rob for #7)
- Julia Roberts (tying Rob, Harrison and Betty for #7)
From there the list went everywhere from Lucille Ball to Ryan Gossling to Sean Conncery to Oprah to a cousin’s kid, Philip Winchester, in Bozeman, Montana. How sweet is that?
I was having a bit of an off day, so I have to say that tallying the results lifted my spirits tremendously. Thanks for entering, everyone, and congratulations again to Hazel!
PS. And since Sandra reportedly visited the 24-foot long chocolate buffet on the red carpet before picking up her Oscar, here’s a sumptuous chocolate recipe you can enjoy the next time you settle in to watch your favorite Sandra movie: Almond Joy Amish Friendship Bread!