Submitted by: Friendship Bread Kitchen
Image (c) Diane Siniscalchi (Ringwood, NJ)
“Usher in spring with this sweet and creamy peach Amish Friendship Bread.”
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Yield: 2 loaves
1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
1 cup oil
½ cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
1-2 small boxes cheesecake instant pudding
1 cup fresh or canned peaches, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed.
- Grease two large loaf pans.
- Dust the greased pans with a mixture of ½ cup sugar and ½ teaspoon cinnamon.
- Pour the batter evenly into loaf or cake pans and sprinkle the remaining sugar-cinnamon mixture on the top.
- Bake for one hour or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
From Diane Siniscalchi (Ringwood, NJ): “I used fresh peaches. Out of all the Amish Friendship Breads I have baked so far, this has to be the nicest smelling when it’s baking. My kitchen was filled with the delicious scent of cinnamon and peaches. The bread was moist with a nice texture and light peach flavor. This recipe is going in my recipe box.”