Trying to cut out sugar, but still in the mood for some Amish Friendship Bread? No worries. Try this Splenda Amish Friendship Bread!
To make a sugar-free starter, follow the basic starter recipe and eliminate the sugar. Please note there will be existing sugars in the milk and flour.
Kitchen Friend Jennifer “Honey” Wilson shared this recipe with us and offered these helpful tips: Skim milk can be used in replace of the whole milk and water in the recipe. The calories were estimated in having 2,400 calories for this entire Bundt cake. The original Amish Friendship Bread is estimated at 6,000 calories. To break the calories down by the slice, each piece is approximately 300 calories for a ⅛ slice. The original is estimated at 375 calories per slice.
A quick note: I only share links that I love and personally use. This post contains affiliate or commission links which support the Friendship Bread Kitchen if you click or buy. Thank you!
Trying to cut out sugar, but still in the mood for some Amish Friendship Bread? No worries. Try out Splenda Amish Friendship Bread!
- 1 cup Sugar-Free Amish Friendship Bread Starter
- 3 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup oil
- ¾ cup applesauce
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup Splenda granulated
- ½ cup dry milk powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 large box instant sugar-free vanilla pudding
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a bowl, mix all the wet ingredients until well blended.
- In another bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
Spray Bundt pan with nonstick spray and dust with mixture of 1/8 cup sugar and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon.
- Spray top of batter with nonstick spray.
- Bake for one hour or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
>> Have you tried this? Share your best pic with us or leave a comment below and let us know how it worked for you!