It’s finally happening.
We’re going to release a bound, print cookbook with all our favorite Amish Friendship Bread recipes, tips, and gift-giving ideas in 2020. We want to make it extra special, which means we need YOU.
We’re looking for stories and memories about your true, personal experiences with Amish Friendship Bread starter or the bread. Think Chicken Soup for the Soul, but with Amish Friendship Bread.
Please read our Submission Guidelines carefully before submitting your story for consideration. Incomplete submissions or those failing to follow our guidelines will not be considered. Fields marked with * are required fields. We do not accept attachments but ask that you cut and paste the body of your story into the appropriate field below.
The deadline for submissions is March 1, 2020, but we will close earlier if we receive enough stories for the cookbook.
Please submit your story or memory through the submission form below. We recommend first writing your story in a word processing program like Word or Google Docs, and then cutting and pasting it into the box below when your story is ready. If your story is chosen for publication, you will be notified using the contact information provided by you. We will not publish your story without your permission. If your story is edited for clarity or brevity, and we will contact you for approval before making these changes.
- Stories must be written in English and free from gross spelling and grammatical errors.
- Your story can be a couple of sentences or a couple of paragraphs. Even a brief memory is welcome! Maximum word count is 500 words. Please note that stories beyond 500 words will not be considered.
- Your story MUST include Amish Friendship Bread or the starter (see “Suggested Story Ideas” below).
- All stories must be true and accurate to the best of your ability. The best stories are always written from the heart. Stories should be heartwarming, inspirational, poignant or funny.
- No preaching, politics, bigotry or controversial issues. Submissions that include such content will not be considered. No exceptions.
- A copy of your submission will be automatically sent to you, and you will be able to edit and revise your submission until we close the submission process. We are not able to assist with any requests for copies of any previous submitted material, so if you lose your submission, please search your email for “Google Forms” to locate your submission.
Suggested Story Ideas
- How Did You Get Your Starter? Tell us the story of how you first made or received your Amish Friendship Bread starter.
- How Did You Get Your Bread? Tell us the story of how you first made or received your first loaf of Amish Friendship Bread starter.
- Funny Stories About Amish Friendship Bread. Tell us something funny that happened with your starter or Amish Friendship Bread.
- Sharing and Gifting Amish Friendship Bread. Did you give or share Amish Friendship Bread? To whom and why?
- New or Rekindled Friendships. Did Amish Friendship Bread help bring about a new or rekindled friendship?
- Growing Up with Amish Friendship Bread. Did a family member used to make it? A neighbor? What are your earliest memories of the starter or the bread?
A Few More Notes
Simultaneous submissions. You are welcome to submit your story elsewhere at any time but it is your responsibility to notify us if your story is published elsewhere and you wish to withdraw it.
Contact. If you have submitted a story to us and your contact information has changed, or if you need to withdraw your story for any reason, please contact us via our Contact Page.
Payment. There is no payment for a submission is published by us, though selected stories will receive one free (1) copy of the printed cookbook plus a $10 Amazon gift card as a thank you!
Notification. It will take a few months before the decisions are made, so please be patient and do NOT write to ask the status of your submission. A list of all chosen stories and authors will be listed once the final decisions have been made.
Ready to Submit? Go to our Google Forms Submission Portal here. We can’t wait to read your stories!