Some are affiliate links, which means I may get a a small commission if you click on the link and choose to buy. I use everything listed below, and would recommend them regardless!
Printable guide (PDF): How to Start a Food Blog
Here are up-to-date links of the apps and plug-ins that make my life easier:
- MailChimp: a good place for brand new beginners with small to nonexistent lists
- ConvertKit: one you get past 1,500-2,000 active subscribers, you’ll want something with a little more oomph.
Social Media Management
Photo and Design
- WP Tasty
- WP Recipe Maker
Food Blogging Support/Training
- Will Write for Food by Diane Jacobs
- The Recipe Writer’s Handbook by Barbara Gibbs Ostmann
- The Food Stylist’s Handbook by Denise Vivaldo
- A Homemade Life: Stories and Recipes from My Kitchen Table by Molly Wizenberg
- Ratio: The Simple Codes Behind the Craft of Everyday Cooking by Michael Ruhlman
- Quick and Easy Amish Friendship Bread Recipes by Friendship Bread Kitchen
WHERE WOULD YOU LIKE TO GO NEXT?